What is the Walmart Affiliate Program?
Many people involved with affiliate marketing know about Amazon’s own affiliate program. It’s one of the biggest and most well-known affiliate programs in the entire world. It’s easy to join and get started doing affiliate marketing with them. However, most people might not be aware that Walmart has its very own affiliate program that people can join in order to make money doing affiliate marketing with them! The owner of this site also owns Utensilslist.com which partners with both Amazon’s and Walmart’s affiliate program.
How to join Walmart’s Affiliate Program!
In order to join Walmart’s affiliate program and start making money with them, you have to follow a few steps in order to join it. Unlike Amazon, Walmart does not advertise or link to their affiliate program anywhere on their regular site. You have to google the “Walmart affiliate program” in order to find the actual website where you can join.
Click on the “Become a member” button in order to join the program. You will then be taken to the Walmart affiliate program that you will need to sign up for through the Impact affiliate network.
On the application page, you will need to enter information about yourself like your name address, tax info, the name of your website, etc.
After you complete the application for the Walmart affiliate program, you will then be taken to a page where Walmart will show you the general terms for a contract that you will need to agree to in order to do affiliate marketing with them.
NOTE: AFTER APPLYING TO THE WALMART AFFILIATE PROGRAM, IT MIGHT TAKE THEM SEVERAL WEEKS BEFORE THEY RESPOND AND ALLOW YOU TO JOIN THEIR PROGRAM!
How to advertise products with the Walmart affiliate program!
If you are lucky enough to get accepted into Walmart’s affiliate program, there are several ways that you could use to advertise Walmart products in order to make money. As you can see from the picture below, similar to Amazon’s own program, Walmart offers an extremely wide array of products that affiliate members can make money from by promoting them on their websites!
Here are just some of the categories of products that marketers have the option to choose to promote products on their website!
- Animals and Pet supplies
- Food and Beverages
- Health and Beauty
Affiliate marketers can also look for products to promote by brand name, price, discount, catalog, and availability.
How to find specific products to promote with Walmart’s affiliate program!
Also similar to Amazon’s own program, you can find and choose specific products to promote on the Walmart affiliate program. All you need to do to find a certain product or certain type of product is go to the “Product” tab in the top menu and search for it by entering in its name, SKU, or a description of a product.
Inserting links on a website with the Walmart affiliate program works similarly to the Amazon affiliate or most other affiliate programs. Once you find a product you want to promote on your website simply click on it. Then, click on the “Get Link” button.
The Walmart affiliate program will show you a regular URL link that you can copy and paste into your website, particularly into text and buttons. They also offer banner image links for any and all of their products that you can use. If you’re using WordPress, you would insert these using the “Custom HTML” block somewhere on your site. Lastly, unlike the Amazon affiliate program, you can actually use descriptions provided by them in order to help you advertise their products.
What are the guidelines to join Walmart’s affiliate program?
Some of you who may want to join Walmart’s affiliate program might also want to know how to build a site that adheres to their standards to be allowed to join and to continue doing affiliate marketing with Walmart.
Here are some of the rules that a website would need to adhere to in order to join and continue to work with Walmart’s affiliate program.
Unsuitable websites include, but are not limited to, those that:
- Promote sexually explicit material;
- Promote violence or hate toward any persons or groups;
- Promote illegal activities;
- Promote alcohol, tobacco, gambling/lottery in any way;
- Promote the use of pyramid, “ponzi”, or similar investment schemes;
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- Contain, in our sole judgment, material that is defamatory, fraudulent, or harassing to us or any third party;
- Are known as “blogging sites”, defined for purposes of this Agreement as sites that contain only blogging and no other form of informational content;
- Include “walmart”, “wal-mart” or variations or misspellings thereof in their domain names;
- Otherwise violate intellectual property rights of Walmart.com, Wal-Mart Stores or its suppliers;
- Disparage Walmart.com, Wal-Mart Stores, Wal-Mart Stores affiliates, or their suppliers;
- Are under construction or not live at the time of Application;
- Are non-US based or are websites that primarily serve a non-US based audience;
- Provide a portion of their Referral Fees (as defined in Section 5) to websites or organizations that would violate any of the above criteria.
Website also may NOT:
- engineer any website containing a Qualifying Link in such a manner that pulls Internet traffic away from Walmart.com;
- publish, link to, sell, otherwise distribute, or place a Qualifying Link on the same page or in close proximity to any Objectionable Content. For purposes of this Agreement, “Objectionable Content” means any material, including textual, audio or video material, which is offensive (including hate speech or violence against a particular group of people); contains any nudity, explicit violence or sexual material; contains depictions of violent or sexual acts; is defamatory to any group or individual; or promotes alcohol, tobacco, or gambling/lottery;
- publish, link to, sell, otherwise distribute, or place a Qualifying Link on any social networking sites, including, but not limited to, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, etc.
- attempt to modify or alter our Site in any way;
- make any representations, either express or implied, or create an appearance that a visitor to your website is visiting our Site, e.g., “framing” or “wrapping” the Site in any manner without first obtaining in advance our express written permission. Such requests must be made in writing and sent to Walmart.com, Attn: Affiliate Program Manager, 7000 Marina Boulevard, Brisbane, CA, 94005;
- “scrape” or “spider” the Site or any other websites for content (such as images, logos or text);
- participate in Yahoo’s Search Submit Pro (SSP) Search Marketing Program;
- place ads on, or participate in any way in, AdNetworks or Search Content Networks;
- employ, use or place any web browser add-ons, toolbars or pop-ups on your website;
- promote, or participate in the promotion of, Walmart.com’s Pharmacy(www.walmart.com/pharmacy);
- link any Qualifying Link to any website other than our Site, including, for example, your own website;
- bid on our Trademarks at any website that provides search engine services and that results in driving traffic to any website, other than our Site, including your website;
- engage in any direct or indirect relationships with ISPs and/or mobile carriers that results in the delivery or act of address bar keyword and URL error trafficking (e.g., a user mistypes a web address in the ISP’s address bar or search bar, and, as a result, is redirected to a web page that contains a Qualifying Link that directs the user to sites like Walmart.com).
- employ the use of any type of software download or technology which attempts to intercept or redirect traffic or Referral Fees to or from any website;
- use any Trademark (as defined in Exhibit A), or any Licensed Materials (as defined in Section 2), provided to you as a result of your participation in the Program to advertise or engage in services which result in a sale occurring on your website, whether or not you then have the item fulfilled through Walmart.com;
- without the prior written approval of Walmart.com, use any Trademark, or any Licensed Material in an advertisement that is not created or provided by Walmart.com in any way that might suggest or imply or mislead or is likely to mislead a visitor to your website into believing that Walmart.com, Wal-Mart Stores or any related entity was the creator or sponsor of such advertisement;
- re-distribute Licensed Materials (as defined in Section 2) to websites which can reasonably be viewed as Walmart.com’s competitors, including but not limited to, Target, Kmart, Sears, JC Penney, Kohls, Circuit City, Best Buy, Amazon, eBay, Toys R Us, eToys, and KB Kids;
- re-distribute, display or syndicate Licensed Materials and/or Walmart.com’s datafeed, including any product information set forth therein, to any third party partner, network or agency;
- employ, use, or receive any direct or indirect benefit from, any “cookie stuffing” methods (e.g., use of “cookie stuffing” to cause Impact Radius’s tracking systems to conclude that a user has clicked through a Qualifying Link – and to pay commissions accordingly – even if the user has not actually clicked through any such link);
- install spyware on another person’s computer; cause spyware to be installed on another person’s computer, or use a context based triggering mechanism to display an advertisement that partially or wholly covers or obscures paid advertising other content on a website in a way that interferes with a person’s ability to view that website;
- display any material on a website containing a Qualifying Link which contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots or other similar harmful or deleterious programming routines;
- without the prior written approval of Walmart.com, use any widgets on your website that: (a) include any Trademarks (as defined in Exhibit A); (b) include any Licensed Materials (as defined in Section 2); or (c) directly or indirectly send traffic to Walmart.com;
- post, publish, link to or place a Qualifying Link on the Walmart Facebook Page;
- forward, redistribute, or otherwise repurpose any or all Qualifying Links to any third party;
- release Wal-Mart’s sales circulars, advertisements or other information prior to their authorized release dates; or
- purchase products or services sold or promoted on Walmart.com through a Qualifying Link for resale or commercial use of any kind.