Table of Contents
What is the Amazon Technical Apprenticeship?
Some people might not know this but similar to the Verizon Skills Forward program offered by Verizon, Amazon offers its own technical apprenticeship program. The Amazon Technical Apprenticeship program is one that caters to veterans and their spouses. It will allow them to transition to careers in cloud computing or other roles in software engineering. Even without previous technical experience, our apprentices will gain valuable skills through a paid training course coupled with on-the-job training to best prepare them for careers at Amazon.
There are several roles veterans and their spouses can choose from to join an apprenticeship that can last up to 12 months is one where you receive paid, on-the-job training.
- Associate Cloud Consultant – A 12-week training course where you’ll learn how to help customers and partners solve technical problems and implement innovative cloud solutions.
- Cloud Support Associate – A 14-week training course where you’ll learn how to provide world-class technical support and resolve critical problems for customers in a timely manner.
- Solutions Architect – A 14-week training course where you’ll learn how to use Amazon’s products and services in order to deliver the right solutions to our customers and drive future innovations.
- Software Development Engineer – A 18-week training course where you’ll learn how to utilize cutting-edge technology to solve complex customer problems and see the impact of your work in the real world.
- Support Engineer – A 12-week training course where you’ll learn to become skilled in fixing and improving on technical problems, including network configuration, account setup, and more.
- Technical Account Manager – A 12-week training course where you’ll learn how to help Amazon’s customers understand best practices around cloud-based solutions, as well as diagnose technical issues with their products.
- Technical Sales – A 10-week training course where you’ll learn to qualify new leads, profile customers, and provide input on which sales campaigns generate the best leads for your vertical.
The Amazon Technical Apprenticeship program is free to join for veterans and their spouses. Since they cater to veterans, some of their jobs require some level of government clearance in order to do them. Most of the jobs in the Amazon Technical Apprenticeship program do not require any specific experience with any of their jobs, but they do tend to list a small level of previous experience as their “preferred qualifications”.