Table of Contents
How to get your website on Bing News!
Similar to Google with Google News, Bing has their own news section that can be used to generate traffic for websites that get shown on there. In order to get your site shown on Bing News, you have to apply at their Bing News PubHub site.
In order to be able to get on Bing News you first have to submit your site to Bing using their Bing Webmaster Tools to verify ownership of your news site(s). You should also make sure your site meets certain criteria before you actually submit it to them to make sure your site can be approved.
The following sites are not eligible for inclusion in the Bing news index:
- Non-news sites designed primarily to market products or services
- Sites with a primary purpose of unauthorized news or content aggregation
- Sites that do not publish with some level of frequency
- Sites publishing content that does not adhere to basic standards of grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, spelling, and word usage
Accountability and transparency. Sites must identify ownership with easily accessible and verifiable contact information, including each of the following:
- Publisher name
- Physical address
- Email address
- Phone number
Content rights and responsibility. Sites must have legal rights to publish the content on their site and assume responsibility for the content published on its site.
Attribution and representation:
- Clear, verifiable authorship must be provided for content, including articles, photos and graphics
- Bylines must primarily use the full names of writers (no pseudonyms or posts by “Admin”)
- Sources must be provided for facts, quotes and opinions
- Headlines and link text must accurately represent the connected content
- Site content consistently reflects the stated purpose and theme of the site
- Commentary, opinion and reviews must be clearly labeled
Prohibited content includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Threatening or violent activity. We do not allow content that promotes illegal activities or is used to threaten, harass, organize violence, or support violent organizations.
- Promotion of hate. We do not allow content that condones hate or incites violence based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion or sexual preference.
- Sexually explicit content. We do not allow content that is sexually explicit or promotes illegal sexual activity.
If your site meets said criteria and you have submitted your site to Bing’s webmaster tools you can then request to be on Bing News. You will first have to set up your website on Bing Webmaster’s Tools, then you will have to go to the Bing News Publisher website. From there you can click on the link taking you to the Bing Webmaster’s page
Then, you will have to tell Bing specific information about the site like the name, target audience, location, etc. After you enter all of your site’s information, you just need to click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page. Bing will then review your site for possible inclusion.
What are the benefits of being on Bing News!
Some of the benefits of being on Bing News include:
- Automatically distribute your content to millions of Windows, Outlook, and Bing users who get their news through these channels
- Millions of Windows 10/11 users discover their news with Cortana, their personal digital assistant, which is powered by Bing.
- Outlook users can create a news digest with the Bing News Connector. Dynamic CRM users can add news timelines to their phone or tablet.
- The Bing search app provides easy access to trusted news sources on mobile devices.