Table of Contents
Save money on diesel fuel with the TSD Fuel Savings Program!
In recent times, as of 06/2021, much of the country and the whole world is experiencing significant inflation due to the pandemic shutdowns that occurred worldwide. This has led to the increase in prices of most goods and services, which includes one of the most important ones if you drive, which is gas. Luckily, there are services nowadays, like GetUpside, to help people save money. Along with regular gas, the already more expensive diesel fuel has risen in price as well. So in this post, I will be talking about one way to save money on diesel whether you are a fleet trucker or an individual who drives a pickup or RV!
Image from TSD Logistics
One way to save money on diesel fuel is with the TSD Fuel Savings Program offered by TSD Logistics. It is an entirely free program to sign up for anybody interested in saving money on diesel fuel. All you have to do is download their TSD Open Roads app on the App Store or the Google Play Store. After downloading the app you can then use it to sign up for their program and create your own 8-digit password. When you log in you need to attach a debit card to the app, make sure to enter the entire card number top and bottom rows with the 4 digit pin you created when you got the card.
How to use the TSD Fuel Savings Card!
Image from TSD Logistics
After signing up for TSD’s fuel savings program, they will then mail you an “EFS card” to the address you choose. Pull your vehicle into the truck line in the back of the store.
- Insert your EFS card into the fuel pump.
- A prompt will show to ask for specific information that verifies the owner.
- You enter the correct information and pump your diesel.
- Within 2-5 business days the money is drafted from your bank account and you receive an email showing you the details of the transaction and their fees.
- There is a $30 fee for insufficient funds and a $15 fee for late payments.
- The fee for using their program is 10% of the savings per gallon and up to 15% for commercial. So if the retail cost is $3.00 per gallon and their cost is $2.50 per gallon, your fee will be 5 cents per gallon.
- There is a $1.00 fee for any use at locations out of their discount network.
- There are no long-term contracts to sign and no hidden fees. If you choose to not use the program any longer, simply donâ€™t use the card.
- They also charge a $5 fee for replacement cards
- It normally takes 3-4 weeks to get a request for an EFS card processing, but for a fee of $20 they will expedite it and send it to you within 48 hours.
There are some other important bits of information about the rules of this program that you need to know in order to use it:
- Where does your card work? Answer: All all major truck stops. Use the TSD Open Roads app to look for locations.
- Does the card work in Canada? Answer: Yes, however, our discounts are not as good in Canada as they are in the States.
- Can you tie the card to a credit card? Answer: No. We can only ACH from a bank account.
- Why do you need my Social Security Number? Answer: We do not do a credit check. We ask for your social security number in the event that we cannot collect a payment, we need this number to file a claim.
- Does the card work for gas? Answer: Not yet. Coming soon!
- Is there a set amount of discount per gallon? Answer: No. Our discounts vary by chain and store. The more gallons our company as a whole, purchases at both the bigger the discounts.
- Can I use the car lane in the front? No, you must go through the commercial lanes in the back to receive the discount.â€“Can you purchase DEF with the card? Answer: Yes, however, there may be little to no discount on the DEF portion of the purchase.
- What is the $200 cash advance on my card? Answer: You may get up to $200 per week (Mon-Sun) in the store as a cash advance. If you fill it up first you can go in and get it for free. If not there is a fee usually $1.50. If you want this removed just contact TSD. This allows you while you are traveling not to have to pay ATM fees if you need cash.
- How long from the time I receive my statement, is it drafted from my account? Answer: 2-5 business days
- How do I know how much savings I received if it does not show at the pump? Answer: You have multiple ways to know how much per gallon you are paying. You can receive an email each day with the price per gallon you will pay at each location. You can download the TSD Open Roads App which will send you a receipt after you fuel with the correct amount. You will also receive a statement the next business day after you fuel that will show your gallons purchased, the discount, our fee, and the amount that will be drafted from your account
- What is the daily gallon limit on cards? Answer: 950 gallons per day
- Who can apply? Answer: Anyone who purchases diesel-Truck, RVs, buses.
- What is the 65 cent fee on some of my transactions? Some stores charge you a 65 cent fee each time you fuel.
- What is the difference between my pin number and my control number? Your pin number is the number you created when you received the card. Your control number is the last 4 of your social security.
Reviews of TSD Fuel Savings Program!